Monday, June 16, 2014

This Year's RNS + An Upcoming Week of Training

Hey friends - I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! I had the best few days, the highlight being Rock n Sole on Saturday morning. I didn't race this one - instead, I helped my niece complete her first 5k and also cheered on my brother, Andy, as he ran his first half marathon. While it felt weird to be at a race without any intention of racing, it was so nice to help others reach their goals. I loved seeing how excited and happy both my brother and niece were to cross the finish line.

5k finishers!

Andy racing to the finish line!

After the race!
 
After the race fun on Saturday, I'm feeling extra motivated to dive into this week's training. Can you believe it's already hit the point where more than one workout is necessary on some days? Here's the plan for this week:

Monday: 7 mile runch + strides; Y-Kettle Bell Intervals; Strength Training
Tuesday: 9 mile workout
Wednesday: 6 mile run; Y-Fuse; Core Work
Thursday: Y-Blitz; Y-Kettle Bell Basics
Friday: 7 mile runch + strides
Saturday: 15 mile run
Sunday: 6 mile run

Total: 50 miles

My questions for you:
  • Have you ever ran with someone to help them complete a race? If so, what was your experience?
  • What was the highlight of your weekend?
  • How does your training look for this upcoming week?

Happy Monday!

- ST

9 comments:

  1. How awesome that you got to be a part of your niece's first 5k! I bet she will always remember that :). And big congrats to your brother! I didn't run with him, but my team in college volunteered one of the rock n' roll races and my nephew ran the kids 1 mile fun run with his class and I got to put his medal around his neck so that was pretty fun. Looks like a great week of training coming up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hailey! It's always so inspiring to see people discover running. I think it's one of the most motivating things out there :)

      Delete
  2. My husband did the 10k and as we were walking back to the car, I think I saw you with your niece. That's a super cool aunt for doing what you did!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maggie! Awesome your husband did the quarter. It was such a beautiful morning for the race :)

      Delete
  3. How cool that you were there to support your family that way! Congrats to your niece and your brother on their races! I went to my best friend's first 5K with her and ran with her to the finish. It was so awesome being a part of that with her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And awesome that you were able to help your friend complete her first 5k :)

      Delete
  4. I love running with others to support them. Focusing on their goals takes all the pressure off and is a great reminder of why I love to run! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! It's nice to not worry about all the things that come with racing and instead focus on helping someone else :)

      Delete
  5. I saw you at the Finish line! I ran the half marathon, it was a gorgeous day for running. I am hoping to run with my daughter for her first 5K soon! :-) I get to recover this week. Yay! :-)

    ReplyDelete