Monday, April 9, 2012

Training Schedule 4/9 - 4/15

Happy Monday Everyone! Wasn't the weather over the weekend gorgeous? In my opinion, it was pretty perfect. Sunny but cool and perfect for running or really doing any type of outdoor activity.

On Saturday, I ran my first 16 miler and it was a success! I ran from downtown MKE along Lake Drive and into Fox Point. It took me less than 2:20 and I ran the last mile in 7:48, which is around my goal half marathon pace. After, I took my first ever ice bath and it actually felt pretty good! I'll definitely be doing more of these in the upcoming weeks and months.

The next two weeks of training will be slightly different from the previous ones. In fact, I have three consecutive days off this upcoming weekend/early next week because I'm going to Portland to visit my friends Debbie and Julie! I'm so excited to catch up with these ladies and see a new part of the country. I don't plan on running during this trip, but it should work out okay because it's during a cutback week and fewer miles are on the schedule.

This week tops out at 43 miles before next week's cutback to 30 miles:

Monday
Afternoon: 6 mile easy run; 30 minutes strength training

Tuesday

Afternoon:
9 mile speed workout

Wednesday
Afternoon: 6 mile easy run; 30 minutes strength training

Thursday

Morning: 6 mile easy pace run
Afternoon: Boot Camp Class

Friday
Afternoon: 12 mile easy pace run

Saturday
Morning: 4 mile easy pace run

Sunday
Rest Day


Tell me what you did to stay active over the weekend! Also, anyone have any tips for must-see places in Portland?

- ST

No comments:

Post a Comment