Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Training Schedule 4/2 - 4/8

Good morning! Is everyone having a good week so far? I have the feeling this week is going to fly by with a combination of busy days at work and evenings pounding the pavement/hitting the gym.

Anyhow, to start things off, here's a quick recap of last week's training:

  • Speedwork was consistent compared with the previous week. The combination of tempo miles followed by quarter mile repeats is hopefully training my legs for speedy race finishes.
  • I somehow managed to have a mini bonk during a six mile easy pace run. Felt super lightheaded despite doing my usual fueling/hydrating. Had to make a pit stop at a CVS for Skittles candy for a quick hit of sugar.

Perfect running fuel?
  • Last boot camp class with my friend Tierney. We celebrated Team Fatties style with tacos after class!
  • Ran Saturday's long run a tad faster than the week before, but still within the easy pace I wanted to hit.

As for this week, it's a week of training firsts.
My first run with my new Garmin. My first time running 16 miles. My first time doing an ice bath after a run. Fun times indeed!

Here's the plan:

Monday

Afternoon: 6 mile easy run; 30 minutes strength training

Tuesday

Afternoon:
9 mile speed workout

Wednesday
Afternoon: 6 mile easy run; 30 minutes strength training

Thursday

Morning: 4 mile easy pace run
Afternoon: Boot Camp Class

Friday
Afternoon: 4 mile easy pace run

Saturday
Morning: 16 mile easy pace run

Sunday
Rest Day

Are you trying anything new with your training this week?

- ST

No comments:

Post a Comment