Monday, March 5, 2012

Training Schedule 3/5 - 3/11

Last week's training = Success!

Running felt so good that I ended up adding a few extra miles (Monday and Wednesday easy runs became 7 miles each and Tuesday's speed session was nine miles). I'm hoping this week feels as good but if not, I'll be happy just getting in my planned mileage and workouts.

From now until the Rockford Half Marathon, I'm going train in four week blocks. Within each block, I'll run the same mileage, long run and speed session for three weeks and then cut back during the fourth week. Each new block will bring small mileage increases, longer long runs and new speed sessions.

My life til May 20

This is my third week within the first block so this week's training is more or less the exact same as the past two weeks:

Monday

Afternoon: 6 mile easy run; 45 minutes strength training

Tuesday

Afternoon:
8 mile speed workout

Wednesday
Afternoon: 6 mile easy run; Guts and Butts Class

Thursday

Afternoon: Boot Camp Class; 2 mile easy run

Friday
Afternoon: 4 mile easy run

Saturday
Morning: 12 mile long run

Sunday
Rest Day

Do you write your own training schedules or do you follow one from a website, book, coach, etc.?

- ST

1 comment:

  1. I write my own schedule and adapt it in response to how I feel before and after runs. For example, I may have planned an interval session but if I feel sluggish, I run at a slower set pace. Often, I run an interval session the day after a long run because it feels good when I start the planned "recovery" run. Maybe because I loose 2-3 pounds on a long run, and it takes 2-3 days of heavy eating to catch up. So far, it worked this year and despite having run one longer race every month incl. a marathon on the beach, I am injury-free.

    ReplyDelete