Monday, March 26, 2012

Training Schedule 3/26 - 4/1

Over the weekend, I had one of my best runs to date.

My alarm went off at 6:20am on Saturday. It was a dark and gloomy morning - the type of weather that threatened a downpour at any moment. Even so, I put on my running gear and after drinking a bottle of water and Ensure, headed out.

This definitely wasn't a fast run (at least for me) and I only averaged about 9 minute miles. It also started misting shortly after I started so I got a teensy bit wet. But despite these factors, I really enjoyed every step of every one of these miles.

Often, I focus solely on how I'm running. Am I running at the appropriate pace? Am I running with good form? How is my leg turnover? While I still thought about those things a bit on Saturday, I spent a lot of time reflecting on how lucky I am to be able to run. I've stayed relatively healthy and injury free. My schedule allows me to run enough miles. I live in an area that is safe and provides countless path options. Even though the mist probably made it look like I was crying, I was smiling to myself pretty much the entire run. Although running almost always makes me happy, it's a rare run that makes me feel this in love with running and life and as though all is right with the world.

Anyhow, I won't bore you with anymore sappy sentiments :) Here's this week's training plan:

Monday

Afternoon: 6 mile easy run; 30 minutes strength training

Tuesday

Afternoon:
9 mile speed workout

Wednesday
Afternoon: 6 mile easy run; 60 minute training session

Thursday

Afternoon: Boot Camp Class; 4 mile easy run

Friday
Afternoon: 4 mile easy run

Saturday
Morning: 14 mile easy run

Sunday
Rest Day

Happy running this week!

- ST

2 comments:

  1. I have new shoes coming in the mail, they will be here any day now! so. exciting. I am hoping these shoes will help me add a few more miles in every week! I enjoyed the sentiments :) - Leigh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Leigh! What type of shoes did you end up getting? A new pair definitely makes a run more fun :)

    ReplyDelete