Thursday, March 1, 2012

Oreo Cheesecake Cookies

My friend Alysha had a few girlfriends over to "watch" the Oscars last Sunday. Really all we do during these get-togethers is eat and gossip :)

Anyhow, the morning of, I decided to try a new recipe for the party, Oreo Cheesecake Cookies. I found this recipe on one of my favorite blogs, The Runner's Kitchen. I should warn you: It's impossible to eat just one of these cookies. I munched on these treats all day long and throughout the party. Needless to say, they were gone by Monday.

My new favorite cookies

Oreo Cheesecake Cookies
via The Runner's Kitchen

1 stick salted butter, room temperature
4 oz cream cheese, room temperature
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup flour
12 Oreos (crush 8 of the cookies into a small crumb in a Ziploc bag; reserve 4 whole)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.

Cream together butter, cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until well combined. Add the flour and the four whole Oreo cookies. Mix until incorporated.

Form the cookies into ping pong sized balls and then roll in the cookie crumbs. Place cookies on the prepared sheet and bake for 12 minutes or until the edges are just starting to turn golden brown.

Enjoy!

- ST

No comments:

Post a Comment