Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Training Schedule 2/27 - 3/4

Good morning!

During last night's run, I was thinking a bit about how while racing is always a thrill, the training to get there is . . . well, a bit less exciting.

These next few weeks, months really, will include a lot of the same: plenty of easy miles, speedwork, light strength training and of course, boot camp class. As the weeks go by, I hope to increase my long runs to 16-18 miles as I build up to my next half marathon. Once it gets nicer out and I don't need to worry about slipping on an icy patch, I'll also add in hill work.

But for now, here's this week's plan:

Monday

Afternoon: 7 mile easy run; 30 minutes strength training

Tuesday

Afternoon:
8 mile speed workout

Wednesday
Afternoon: 6 mile easy run; Guts and Butts Class

Thursday

Afternoon: Boot Camp Class; 2 mile easy run

Friday
Afternoon: 4 mile easy run

Saturday
Morning: 12 mile long run

Sunday
Rest Day

What are you currently training for?

- ST

No comments:

Post a Comment