Thursday, February 9, 2012

Reading and Munching

Happy Thursday!

Lately, I've been experiencing a bit of writer's block. My days have been pretty routine and there's not a lot that's inspired me. Training? Pretty same old, same old at the moment. Upcoming trips? Not til end of March. New recipes? I'll write about those later.

But last night, I got thinking that I've read/tried a few new things recently. Here are a few worth mentioning:

Read: Racing Weight
This book came recommended by several people and I'm really glad I read it. Lots of great information about finding and achieving your best racing weight. It made me realize that I need to get leaner - not for appearance, but to race a bit faster. This is such an interesting topic to me that I'll write more about it in a later post!

An easy read, especially for runnerds like myself!

Note: Racing weight is not held throughout a training period - it is a lower weight that is held just for a key race. For me, those races will be early May, late July and early October.

Tried: Picky Bars
I'm a big fan of Lauren Fleshman and have been wanting to try Picky Bars for awhile since she is one of the company founders. Unfortunately they are not available in any stores in the area so I ended up ordering a variety pack online.

Try these bars - they are delicious!

The bars are dairy and gluten free and 100 percent delicious! As an added bonus, they are a perfect 4:1 carb to protein ratio. I definitely recommend trying these, especially the All in Almond, which is my new favorite.

Tried: Peanut Butter Filled Pretzels
Mid-December, I won a Lollihop box and it arrived on my doorstep late January. It was stuffed with so many delicious, healthy treats that I'm still working on finishing them all. One of my favorites so far is a bag of peanut butter filled pretzels.

A perfect post-run snack!

How I've gone through life without trying these until now is beyond me. I ate some after my "long" run last weekend and the were perfect. Salty, sweet, crunchy and again, that perfect 4:1 carb to protein ratio. Yum!

Have you tried/read/done anything new or different lately? If so, tell me all about it!

- ST

No comments:

Post a Comment