Monday, January 16, 2012

Training Schedule 1/16 - 1/22

It's time for the first of two back to back race weeks. On Saturday, I'm doing the Icebreaker Indoor Marathon Relay Race so I'm scaling back training a bit to save my legs for some fast laps around the indoor track. Originally, my team had four members but it seems we may be down to three for the race. This means extra miles and I hope I'm up to the challenge! I figure it will equate to about 8-9 mile repeats. Eek!

That being said, here's this week's training plan:

Monday

Afternoon: 6 mile speed workout; 30 minutes strength training

Tuesday

Afternoon:
6 mile easy run; 30 minutes strength training

Wednesday
Afternoon: 5 mile easy run, including strides; 30 minutes strength training

Thursday
Afternoon: Boot Camp Class; 2 mile easy run

Friday
Rest Day

Saturday
Icebreaker Indoor Marathon Relay Race

Sunday
Rest Day

What's your plan this week? And anyone know any fast female runners that might be interested in doing a relay race on Saturday? :)

- ST

No comments:

Post a Comment