Thursday, January 26, 2012

Sick of Being Sick

It was bound to happen sooner or later: The dreaded winter cold.

Coming off last weekend's excellent marathon relay race, I was super excited to train this week and race a 5k on Sunday. Monday's planned workout was great but when I woke up Tuesday morning, I knew something was off.

As I got ready for work, I felt completely drained and wanted to crawl back into bed. After a few hours of constant nose blowing, coughing and feeling like I was about to take a nap at my desk, I decided to go home for the afternoon to see if a bit of rest would help me feel better by the next day.

Unfortunately, it didn't. I survived the Wednesday workday, but spent it much like I spent Tuesday - constant nose blowing, coughing, etc. So gross. And once again, missed my workout.

So now it's Thursday, and I'm questioning if I should go to boot camp class tonight or attempt even just a few slow, easy miles. My cough is gone, but I haven't gone five minutes without blowing my nose. With Sunday's race quickly approaching, I know my number one goal is to get better. It's sad to say, but anything I do tonight at the gym won't help my fitness for the upcoming race.

But skipping three workouts in a row . . . it's a tough pill to swallow.

On a more positive note, my box of Picky Bars arrived from NaturaStride today. I'm currently nibbling on an All-in-Almond bar and it's fantastic! I can't wait to try the other two flavors.

So, anyone have any miracle tips for getting over a bad cold?

- ST

1 comment:

  1. Whenever I have a cold, I like to sleep as much as possible, take hot baths and drink tons of tea. I also suck on Vitamin C drops like nobody's business. Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete