Monday, December 26, 2011

Training Schedule 12/26 - 1/1

My next race is this upcoming weekend, so this week's training load is a bit lighter with less speed work and more easy running to make sure my legs are fresh on Saturday morning. Unless there's a foot of snow or super icy conditions, I plan on running this one as fast as I can. I'm not expecting a new PR, but I'm pretty confident I can at least improve on my time from the last 5k race.

Here's this week's plan:

Monday

Rest Day

Tuesday

Afternoon:
5 mile speed workout, 30 minutes strength training

Wednesday
Afternoon: 5 mile easy run, including strides; 30 minutes strength training

Thursday
Morning: 8 mile easy run

Friday
Morning: 5 mile easy run

Saturday
Morning: Run Into the New Year 5k Race

Sunday
Morning: 4 mile easy run

Anyone else racing this upcoming weekend? If so, where are you racing and what are your race goals?

- ST

No comments:

Post a Comment