Monday, November 14, 2011

Training Schedule 11/14 - 11/20

Another weekend is done and over and the madness of the work week has begun!

I'll never fail to find it ironic that I do the most scrambling during the day and it's while running that I can truly relax. Cranking out multiple articles and television scripts at work? Minor panic mode. Cranking out multiple 400m repeats on a Tuesday night? Piece of cake.

Here's my training schedule this week:

Monday

Afternoon: 6 mile easy run; 45 minutes strength training

Tuesday

Afternoon:
7-8 mile speed workout (1 mile warm up, 6-8 x 400m, half mile recovery, 6-8 x 400m, 1 mile cool down)

Wednesday
Afternoon: 6 mile easy run

Thursday
Afternoon: Boot Camp Class, 3-4 mile easy run

Friday
Rest

Saturday
Morning: Run With the Turkeys 5k Race

Sunday
Morning: 6 mile easy run

Do you view your workouts as "work" or "play"?

- ST

2 comments:

  1. I usually view my workouts as play....but it depends on my mood for the day and what the workout is!I also really listen to my body and move workouts around accordingly. For example, I am beyond sore and just feel worn out today; so I will either just do an easy run or completely take the day off from running today (was supposed to do a progressive 5 mile run). I also always think of racing as the most fun and that the day to day training is the hard part. Sad I won't be at the Run with the Turkeys this Sat (took 2nd overall last year) but I will be visiting a friend in Madison.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree that workouts sometimes need to be flexible depending on how you are feeling. Sad to hear you won't be at Run With the Turkeys, but I guess this means it's up to me to represent for Team Fatties!

    ReplyDelete