Wednesday, November 23, 2011

It's Time for a Run Streak

Who wants to put on extra pounds this holiday season? Anyone?

Many people struggle to maintain their weight during the holidays, myself included. I'm definitely not one to suggest turning down a second helping of stuffing or an extra Christmas cookie or two. So what's a girl - or guy - to do during a season with so many delicious treats?

There's also the issue of staying active during one of the busiest times of the year. Sometimes it's hard to fit in training when there are parties to attend, gifts to be bought and wrapped and cookies to be made.

How it works
So this year, my solution is joining the Runner's World Holiday Running Streak. Here's how it works: Starting on Thanksgiving going through New Year's Day, I'll run at least one mile, every day. Most days I'll do more than just one mile, but the point is to be consistent with getting out there to run.

I'm really excited for a new challenge and I think this is exactly what I need to get motivated again! And being able to indulge a bit over the holidays without worrying about weight gain is just an added bonus.

Who's with me? It's only a mile a day and I'm betting most of you can do more than that!

- ST

No comments:

Post a Comment