Monday, September 19, 2011

Simple, Scrumptious Scones

Sunday afternoon, I found myself with a bit of free time so I decided to try my hand at making scones. White cheddar rosemary scones to be exact. Although I was a tad worried these would be difficult to make, it turns out creating scones is as easy as mixing a few simple ingredients.

I got the recipe from one of my favorite blogs, Eat Live Run. Although I read Jenna's posts almost daily, this is the first time I tried one of her recipes. The scones are so delicious, I'm excited to try others.

Note: Try serving these with piping hot tomato soup.

White Cheddar Rosemary Scones

2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp finely minced fresh rosemary
1/2 cup freshly grated white cheddar cheese
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
6 Tbsp cold butter, cut into small slices
1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp milk, cream or half & half (I used half & half)

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

Whisk together the flour, salt, rosemary, baking powder and pepper. Add the cheese and butter and work mixture together with your fingers until it feels almost like sand. Add the cream and mix until just combined.

Pat dough into an 8-inch circle and slice into 8 triangles. Bake on a lined baking sheet for 18 minutes until golden brown.

Enjoy!

- ST

No comments:

Post a Comment